Make-Up Consultations, Hypo-allergenic Mineral Make-Up and Colour-Matching
Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas
Professional Make-Up Tools
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) can be used to treat unwanted red marks, brown marks, freckles and broken capillaries
- I am pleased to offer high quality make-up in my office which includes:
- Sheer to Flawless coverage foundation (cream, liquid and powder)
- Eye shadows
- Eye liners
- Lip sticks
- Lip glosses
- Professional make-up tools (natural bristle brushes, lash curlers)
- It is a pharmaceutical grade make-up line, purely derived from mineral ingredients, and free of any talc or other irritating filler ingredients
- It is a make-up that is healthy for the skin, containing nourishing vitamin enriched ingredients
- We offer make-up consultations free of charge
What is discussed during a make-up consultation with the medical aesthetic technician?
- How to properly use and apply mineral makeup
- How to select the correct shades to complement your skin type and colour or to enhance your best features
- Any products that you are currently using, or have used in the past, to help determine what you may want to include in your new make-up routine
What else happens during the consultation?
- Your skin will be fully cleansed with a gentle skin cleanser to remove any makeup or excess oil
- The technician will then analyze your skin to determine:
- Skin type
- Existing conditions, or problem areas that may require specific coverage with makeup
- Next, the technician will determine the most suitable foundation shade for your skin colour and undertone
- Depending on how much coverage you want or need, she may use a cream, liquid, or powder formulation that can be applied with professional makeup brushes
- The technician may test several different shades on different areas of the skin to determine which one matches your skin the best
- After determining the best match for your base makeup, the technician can show you different:
- Eye shadows
- Eye liners
- Lip sticks
- Lip glosses
- The technician will help you to determine which shades will complement and enhance your best features the most effectively
- Once you have seen and felt all of the products on the skin, you will be able to choose which ones you like best
Why is the make-up specialized ordered for each client?
- In this manner we can carry the largest array of products and ensure that you get the freshest, newest products with the longest possible shelf-life
How long does it take for a special order to arrive?
- Make-up orders usually take about 3 days to come in
Which aesthetic procedures can be used along with these cosmetic products?
- Eye Lash Enhancing Treatments, Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Injections for Wrinkles and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Fotofacials) can be successfully combined with these products
- Eye Lash Enhancing Treatments which help your own lashes to grow:
- Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels help to:
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Fotofacial, Photofacial) treats:
- Broken blood vessels
- Background red skin tones
- Brown freckling
- Shrinks pores
- Improves sun damage
- Increases collagen in the skin
- All of these lead to smoother, younger looking skin and reduced redness at the same time
- To learn more about IPL, please click here
- Injections for Wrinkles treat and improve:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s Feet
- Bunny Lines (on the nose)
- Smoker’s lines
- To learn more about Injections for wrinkles, please click here
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- No, a referral is not necessary
- You can phone the aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
What if you are interested to learn more?
- If you would like to learn more:
- Please click on the blue coloured links above
- E-Mail Us
- Or call our aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians
Doctor V Interviews Aesthetic Technician Laura about Make-Up Consultations
- Doctor V: How long does the consultation take?
- Laura: Our makeup consultations typically last between 30-45 minutes depending on what type of products the patient is interested in. Extra time may be scheduled if the patient would also like to discuss our skin care line or treatments that we offer that can complement or enhance mineral makeup application.
- Doctor V: What types of products do you offer?
- Laura: We offer a line of pure mineral makeup. This line is comprised of a full range of makeup products from sheer to flawless coverage foundations, concealers, blushes, bronzers, eyeshadows, eyeliners, and lip products. Professional makeup tools such as lash curlers and natural bristle brushes are also available.
- Doctor V: What are the most popular types of products?
- Laura: Our most popular products are the pressed powder compacts, blushes, as well as our eye shadows. Each of these products are suitable for all skin types, making them versatile and very wearable.
- Doctor V: What are the favourite shades of lipstick, liquid foundation, pressed base, and eye shadow?
- Laura: Pressed base powder foundation and sheer tint liquid foundation colour choices depend entirely on what matches each individual skin colour the best. Natural, beige, and golden shades tend to be the most popular, with many of our patients falling under skin types 2 to 4. Popular eye shadow shades include diamond, sea shell, mink, and sand pebble, which are all natural shades that suit many different skin types. Aruba, snapdragon, tulip, and sugarplum shades in lipstick are the most popular of our lip products.
- Doctor V: What range of skin types do you colour match?
- Laura: Our make-up line is very versatile and easy to work with in that all skin types and skin tones can use it. We can match a foundation shade to Fitzpatrick skin types 1 (fair skin, light eyes and hair) through to 6 (African American skin, dark eyes and hair). Our make up line is also suitable for patients with the most sensitive skin types, such as acne and rosacea. It is also wearable for dry, combination, or oily skin.
- Doctor V: What do people like best about mineral makeup?
- Laura: Our make-up line is becoming a very popular because unlike many other makeup lines, it can actually improve skin health and concerns while still offering a full spectrum of colours that give the skin a flawless, beautiful finish. It is a pharmaceutical grade line containing ingredients such as vitamins A, C, E, and D and green tea extracts which help to heal and provide the skin with anti-inflammatory benefits. It is rich in naturally occurring mineral pigments, which give impressive colour payoff and flawless coverage. Patients are happy to know that the makeup does not contain any harmful chemicals, and that it acts as an all-day protectant for the skin as it contains broad-spectrum UV protection.
- Doctor V: How often do people get allergic reactions to the makeup?
- Laura: Our products are talc-free, fragrance-free, and chemical dye-free. In addition, the majority of the products do not contain preservative chemicals, such as parabens. Our products are also non-comedogenic, making them suitable even for patients with severe acne. For these reasons, any reactions from the use of our products happen very infrequently. I have been working with Dr. Vignjevic for over 2 years and have had a great deal of my patients use our makeup line, and I can only recall one incident where a patient found that they were sensitive to the products.
- Doctor V: What are the most common things that patients ask about the makeup?
- Laura: Patients tend to be concerned that makeup will induce sensitivity or acne breakouts, so I usually get a lot of questions about whether or not the products are non-comedogenic or hypoallergenic. Our cosmetics are free of harmful chemicals and filler ingredients, and are also considered non-comedogenic, so irritations, reactions, or acne breakouts are very uncommon. Patients undergoing procedures at our clinic typically enquire about the safety of using our products makeup immediately after procedures such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Fotofacials). Our products are completely safe to use after such procedures, as they contain no harmful ingredients. In addition, our make-up line contains anti-inflammatory ingredients that can actually calm some of the minor side effects that follow some of our procedures.
- Doctor V: Which of the products do you use yourself?
- Laura: I love using the metallic smoky eye kit, which is a palette of four shimmery brown and bronze shades. I also use the blushes in the shades sweet and innocent, which are both soft pink-peach shades. I also really like the lip gloss in plum glaze, a warm red with subtle purple undertones.
- Doctor V: What do you enjoy about colour match consultations?
- Laura: Makeup artistry has always been a passion of mine, so I really enjoy working with our high quality products. There are so many different colours and types of products in the line to choose from, so the variety makes makeup consultations fun for both the patient and technician. It is also very rewarding to help patients improve the appearance of their skin, especially if they are concerned about concealing things like acne scarring, rosacea, or hyperpigmentation.