Extractions – Black Heads, Milia, Blocked Pores, Comedones
Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas
Extractions for blocked pores
Extractions are even more effective when combined with a chemical peel
Boost the benefit of extractions with microdermabrasion
Masks help to nourish the skin and can be used to soothe the skin after extractions
- Are used to treat
- Blocked pores
- Black heads
- White heads
What Happens During an Extraction Treatment?
- At your first visit, a medical aesthetic technician will provide a free consultation
- During the consultation, she will explain the procedure and benefits to you and answer any questions that you may have
- Furthermore she will explain how the treatment works, the number of treatments that you will require and will provide you with a price quote
- The technician will also ask you a series of questions to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure and to determine your skin type
- After your FREE consultation, the technician will call in Dr. Vignjevic
- He will assess your skin type and whether extractions would be suitable for you
- In addition, he will answer any further questions that you may have
- You cannot be treated by the technician unless you are assessed by Dr. Vignjevic first
- If you decide to be treated, photographs of the treatment area will be taken
- These photographs are strictly for your chart and will not be released or used without your permission
- Your privacy if of the utmost importance to us
- You will be asked to wash your face and to remove any makeup
- It is not necessary to remove mascara, or eye makeup
- You will lie down on a treatment bed
- The skin is cleansed using a gentle cleanser to remove makeup, oil, or any residues
- The technician will then use a toner to restore the skin’s balance before applying any additional products
- The benefits of extractions can be boosted when combined with a facial, a microdermabrasion treatment or a chemical peel
- You will be provided with a booklet of after-care instructions and the technician will recommend specific products to take care of your skin after the treatment
- You will also be provided with Dr. Vignjevic’s personal cell phone number should any questions or concerns arise after hours
What Skin Care Regimen does Dr. V recommend after your extraction treatment?
- You will be given specific instructions on the day of your treatment
Other Important Points:
- You may apply makeup 3 to 4 hours after the Treatment
- Avoid abrasive sponges for 1 week
- Avoid sun exposure
- DO NOT pick, scrape, scratch or wax your skin
- If your skin is dry, use moisturizer as many times a day as you like
- If you develop a cold sore, let Dr. Vignjevic know this immediately as it could spread into the area of the treatment
Is this treatment covered by OHIP or private health insurance?
- This is not an OHIP insured service
- Rarely, private health insurance will cover the cost of this procedure, be sure to ask your insurance company
What if I would like more information?
- You may set up a FREE CONSULTATION with one of our staff members to answer your questions in detail
- Any questions that they are unable to answer, Dr. Vignjevic will gladly answer for you
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- No, a referral is not necessary
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
What if you are interested to learn more?
- If you would like to learn more:
- Please click on the underlined links above
- E-Mail Us
- Or call our aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians