Micro-Needling – Eclipse® Micropen
Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas
Micro-Needling stimulates the skin to heal and re-new itself
Gentle Hypo-Allergenic skin lubricants make the procedure more comfortable
The Eclipse Micro-Pen
Micro-Needling to stimulate collagen production
Micro-needling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring. It has also been successfully used for hair restoration in cases of alopecia.
The Eclipse Micro-Pen skin needling system allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro “injuries” in the skin, which triggers new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Patients must discontinue retinoid (Retin-A) or any irritating forms of skin treatment 24 hours prior to the Micro-Pen TM Elite procedure.
- Areas of skin with uncontrolled acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory skin conditions will not be treated.
- Areas of skin with piercings or open wounds will not be treated.
- Patients must stop use of Isotretinoin (Accutane®, Epuris®, Clarus®) at least 6 months prior to treatment with Micro-Pen TM
- Patients with active outbreaks of herpes simplex virus or other facial outbreaks will not be treated with Micro-Pen TM
- Patients with any history of a cold sore must take anti-viral preventative therapy for one day prior to treatment, on the day of treatment and for 2 days after treatment. This is essential to reduce the risk of a cold sore, which could spread into the treated area and prevent scarring. If you have any suspicion that you may have developed a cold sore within one week of treatment, you must call the office immediately.
- Patients with excessive tans or sunburned skin may not be treated with
Micro-Pen TM Elite depending on extent of tan.
- Patients must avoid heavy or sweaty exercise for 72 hours and sun exposure for 2 weeks post treatment.
- In patients with darker skin types, darkening or lightening of skin colour may develop after treatment, prior to normalizing. This pigmentation may take many months, or longer to fade and could be permanent.
- Patients may experience redness, hyperpigmentation, peeling, inflammation, itching and burning in treated areas for several days following Micro-Pen TM Elite treatment.
Patients must advise the Technician if they have any of the following conditions or are taking certain medications:
Although it is impossible to list every potential risk and complication, the following are recognized as possible contraindications to micro-needling treatment. It is the responsibility of the patient to fully and accurately disclose all medical history prior to initial treatment, as well as provide any necessary updates at all future treatment sessions. If you have any of the conditions or history below, you must bring it to the attention of the Technician.
You might not be a candidate for Micro-Pen TM Elite treatment if you have certain conditions or have a history of certain conditions or are or have used certain medications:
- Active acne or rosacea
- Active infection of any type (bacterial, viral, or fungal)
- Use of blood thinner medications
- Cardiac disease/abnormality including blood clotting problems
- Chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Collagen vascular disease (e.g. Lupus, Scleroderma)
- Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, or other chronic conditions
- Hemophilia/bleeding disorder
- History of any type of cancer or suspicious lesions or moles in area/s to be treated
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Irregular blood pressure, tuberculosis, or liver function issues
- Keloid/hypertrophic scaring
- Raised lesions (moles, warts, etc.)
- Recent chemical peel, microdermabrasion, or other skin treatment
- Recent use of topical medication
- Skin cancer
- Telangiectasia/erythema or Vascular lesions (Hemangiomas)