Hirsutism (Excess Facial Hair)
Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas
Lower Back – Suitable for Laser Hair Removal
LightSheer Diode Laser for Hair Removal
- Excess hair (hirsutism) is typically noted on the face but may also been seen on the:
- Lower abdomen
- Breasts and nipples
- Arms and legs
- Lower Back
- Hands and feet
- Fingers and toes
- Hirsutism is also more common in certain ethnic groups such as people from the Mediterranean Basin, Middle East and South Asia
- It may be associated with excess production of male type hormones from the ovaries (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- This syndrome may be associated with irregular periods, weight gain, tendency toward developing diabetes and difficulty getting pregnant
- Hormones levels, such as free testosterone and Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEA-S) can be checked with a simple blood test
- Traditional forms of hair removal that have been used include: sugaring, waxing, plucking, tweezing, electrolysis and shaving
- Contrary to common belief, shaving will not make the hair grow darker, thicker or more quickly
- If blood tests show elevated hormone levels, oral medications can be used to lower the hormones and reduces facial hair
- Electrolysis may be used for hair removal
- Unfortunately electrolysis is, time consuming, tedious and often not practical to treat large areas such as the legs and back
- Lastly, the most effective form of long lasting hair reduction is Diode Laser Hair Removal
Which aesthetic procedures can be used for hair removal?
- Laser Hair Removal
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- No, a referral is not necessary
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
What if you are interested to learn more?
- If you would like to learn more:
- Please click on the blue text links above
- E-Mail Us
- Or call our aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians
Would you like to see a Video Demonstration?
- I am pleased to offer a new section on the website with video demonstrations of various procedures
- To watch a video-clip in which Dr. V talks about: