Serving Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby and surrounding areas
Pseudofolliculitis Barbae (Razor Rash, Razor Bumps) – Treatable with Laser Hair Removal
Bikini Area – Treatable with Laser Hair Removal
Ingrown Hair – Male Beard – Treatable with Laser Hair Removal
- Usually appear as a 1 mm to 2 mm red-purple bump or lump, surrounding hair follicles
- Sometimes a hair can be seen growing below the surface of the skin
- May be caused by close shaving, plucking or waxing hair
- Are more common in areas with curly hair
- Are sometimes tender and may form pustules or “whiteheads” when they become infected
- May be aggravated by tight clothing, sweating or heat
- When shaving:
- Shave in the direction that the hair is growing
- Leave some stubble – this will prevent the hairs from becoming in-grown
- Avoid tight clothing, excessive heat or sweating if possible
- Use mineral make-up that will not block your pores
- Avoid applying heavy oils and other greasy or oily products to the skin or scalp
- Use an antiseptic cleanser to wash your skin or hair every day
- Antibiotic lotions or solutions may be applied to the affected area twice daily
- In more severe cases antibiotic pills may be required
- In stubborn cases, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and laser hair removal can be very helpful
Which aesthetic products and procedures can be used to treat and improve folliculitis?
- Mineral Make-Up and Colour Match Consultations for:
- Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels help to:
- Laser Hair Removal
Do I need to get a doctor’s referral to set up an appointment?
- A referral from your doctor is required to see Dr. Vignjevic for medical treatment of folliculitis
- If you wish you speak to one of our aestheticians regarding the products and procedures above, a referral is not necessary
- You can phone the aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians
When can I start having treatments?
- For your convenience, the services above are available in my office
What if you are interested to learn more?
- If you would like to learn more:
- Please click on the blue text links above
- E-Mail Us
- Or call our aesthetic centre directly at (905) 549-7873 to book a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable technicians
Would you like to see a Video Demonstration?
- I am pleased to offer a new section on the website with video demonstrations of various procedures
- To watch a video-clip in which Dr. V talks about: